Syed Ashiqur Rahman
Post-doctoral Researcher, University Of Pittsburgh
450 S Aiken Ave, Apt #201
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
sar210 (at) pitt (dot) edu
I am a post-doctoral researcher in Das Lab at University of Pittsburgh. Before joining Pitt, I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Department of Computer Science under Professor Donald Adjeroh at the West Virginia University. I want to play a significant role in the process of creating and transferring knowledge through research and teaching. My professional objective is to pursue a research career at a university or in a research organization.
Current research in the Das lab has 2 broad arms:
1. Creative use of existing machine-learning, high-dimensional statistical and topological network-analyses methods for biologically meaningful integration of multi-omic datasets. These analyses help us understand immune mechanisms in a wide range of contexts, encompassing both natural and vaccine-mediated immunity.
2. Development of novel methods (at the intersection of machine learning and network systems biology) for the analyses of high-dimensional immunological datasets (transcriptomic, phenotypic and functional).
- February 1, 2020: Started post-doctoral at University of Pittsburgh. new
- December 2, 2019: Successfully defended my PhD Dissertation. new
- November 20, 2019: Presented our paper in BIBM conference today Titled "Estimating Biological Age from Physical Activity using Deep Learning with 3D CNN BIBM Conference, 2019. new
- October 24, 2019: Presented poster in CITeR conference today Titled "Human Age Estimation using Genomic Data CITeR Conference, 2019. new
- October 9, 2019: Our research was on the WVU news today!! Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering. new
- October 1, 2019: Our paper got accepted to the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine.. new
- July 13, 2019: Our paper got accepted to the IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics . new
- Jun 8, 2019: Our paper got accepted to the Nature Scientific Reports Journal. new
- May 22, 2019: Received travel grant award from NSF for IEEE-EMBS BHI 2019 Conference IEEE-EMBS BHI 2019 Conference. .
- May 20, 2019: Presented paper and poster in IEEE BHI conference, 2019 at Chicago. .
- April 4, 2019: Guest Lecture on "Funding strategies in USA Universities" in GRE Center. .
- April 3, 2019: Guest Lecture on my research in Jagannath University. .
- April 2, 2019: Conducted workshop on Introduction to Machine Learning and Deep Learning in Daffodil International University. .
- Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Peter Giacobbi, Lee Pyles, Charles Mullett, Gianfranco Doretto, Don Adjeroh. " Deep Learning for Biological Age Estimation. ", 2020 (accepted in press).
- Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Don Adjeroh. " Estimating Adult Age from Human Body Shape. ", 2019 (under review).
- Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Don Adjeroh. " Estimating Biological Age from Physical Activity using Deep Learning with 3D CNN. " IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, BIBM 2019 full-text
- Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Don Adjeroh. " Deep Learning using Convolutional LSTM estimates Biological Age from Locomotor Physical Activity." Scientific Reports, 2019.
- Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Don Adjeroh. " Centroid of Age Neighborhoods: A New Approach to Estimate Biological Age. " Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 2019. full-text
- Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Don Adjeroh. " Centroid of Age Neighborhoods: A Generalized Approach to Estimate Biological Age. " The IEEE-EMBS International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics BHI, 2019. full-text
- Abu HM Rubaiyat, Tanjin T Toma, Masoumeh Kalantari-Khandani, Syed Ashiqur Rahman et al. "Automatic Detection of Helmet Uses for Construction Safety." Web Intelligence Workshops (WIW), IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on, 135-142, 2016.
- Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Don Adjeroh. "Surface-Based Body Shape Index and Its Relationship with All-Cause Mortality." PloS one, Volume-10, Issue 12, Pages e0144639-e0144639, 2015.
- Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Tazin Afrin, Don Adjeroh. "Determinants of User Ratings in Online Business Rating Services." International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling, and Prediction, 412-420, 2015.
- Md Safiqul Islam, Syed Ashiqur Rahman. "Anomaly intrusion detection system in wireless sensor networks: security threats and existing approaches." International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 2011.
- Md Safiqul Islam, Syed Ashiqur Rahman, Rezwan Ahmed, Mahmudul Hasan. "A hierarchical overlay design for peer to peer and sip integration." International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS), 2011.